Blimey, has it really been nearly three years since my last update? I admit, I was finding it hard to find different ways of writing, “I rode Cannock Chase and I still sucked”, but still… tsk.
Well, a lot has happened in those years. For example:
- I’m massively chuffed with my career, now working at an ace studio, on ace stuff, with ace people
- I had my Contessa stolen, but got it recovered in Sheffield using my legendary stubbornness and Internet Detective skills
- I learnt to ride a 125cc scooter, which was stolen a week after my Contessa. I didn’t recover that. 🙁
- I lodged a complaint (which was upheld) about the police being a bit shit
- I’ve accepted that I’m just too damn hobbity for 29ers
- I’ve replaced the Professor with a new Stumpjumper FSR, this time a 650b
- I discovered that there were two medical reasons for my increasing chunkiness – polycystic ovary syndrome and an underactive thyroid
- Mr Toast and I have successfully procreated a Mini Toast. He’s currently six months old, and adorable. He’d be more adorable if he slept more at night though… I’ve not really ridden much for a year, due to pregnancy/breastfeeding!
- Despite not having ridden much and becoming large(r) with child, I’ve signed up for Pivot 24/12 this year
So yeah, quite a few posts’ worth of material there. I’ll get around to it…